|Title:||Database Administrator (VA)|
|Location:||Falls Church, VA|
Excentium, Inc. is a Service-Disabled Veteran owned small business that provides Cyber Security Engineering, Information Assurance (IA), management, Certification and Accreditation (C&A), and other IT services to government and commercial organizations.
We have an opportunity for a Database Administrator supporting one of our Federal customers in Falls Church, VA.
MINIMUM CLEARANCE LEVEL: Secret
CITIZENSHIP: US Citizenship
LOCATION: Falls Church, VA
Performs high-level systems analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and implementation of very complex application that require a thorough knowledge of administrative and technical skills.
Assists, defines, and/or oversees database organization, standards, controls, procedures, and documentation. Provides technical consulting in the definition, design, and creation of a database environment. Develops applications to help solve database solutions to business problems, data architectures, database management system facilities and capabilities, and the operation and tuning of databases. Designs, implements, and maintains databases with respect to access methods, access time, batch processes, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods. Maintains database dictionaries and integrates systems through database design. Maintains and documents shell scripts and batch processes. Ensures that documentation is complete and up to date. Develops and applies procedures for periodic database backups
- Maintains data in database environment, including production.
- Carries out version control process. Analyzes legacy system data.
- Administers database environments that support development.
- Supports database deployment to environments other than development. Transforms and loads data into database using SQL Loader and PL/SQL.
- Supports the development team’s application development.
- Works with data modelers on physical data modeling and updates physical data models based on logical model changes.
- Works with other DBAs to implement physical data models in database.
- Synchronizes physical data model and database implementation.
- Serves as liaison with outside IT offices regarding database matters.
- Assists in defining back-up and recovery requirements.
- Develops code for new functionality, enhancements, and maintenance.
- Assists the technical solutions team with testing and implementing technical enhancements to the site, tools for task tracking, version control, and other operational support areas.
- Coordinate and track PPS for LAN/WLAN core infrastructure services to support management authentication to network management systems, remote management access, etc.
- Current Secret Clearance
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Information Technology or other computing-related degrees
- 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Required certification: Security+; Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or SQL Server
We take pride in building a workforce with a strong Veterans focusExcentium offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, and paid time off.
Excentium, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer